Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Misadventures in the Making

Look what I found whilst making this new batch of X'mas snowflake kitties then... A HOLE. Luckily I can avoid the holey part to make the doll just fine. It's always been a nightmare for me to discover any holes in socks, especially if I am sewing up a sock dolly halfway. Hasn't happened yet, but you never know. It happens that this was a part of the sock covered by the cardboard they attach to the plastic hook to hang on the rack & I didn't check this pair properly as it was wrapped up as well. Don't ask. There was a day that I DID check all the socks in my basket thoroughly & I was SOOO proud of myself for detecting at least 3 defective pairs of socks.





Shtupid holey sock!




I was also sewing halfway today & I mangled a pin. Let me tell you. On bad days, for no good reason, I can break up to 3 sewing machine needles. I don't know HOW it happens... not all the time, anyway. Sometimes, it's because I sewed on a pin & the needle gave way. (Once, the sharp part of the needle flew into my face & almost flew into my eye. I was PISSED & I stopped sewing for the rest of the day.) Sometimes, it's because I pull on the fabric & the needle bends & hits the metal plate on the machine. Sometimes, maybe the timing is off as the machine is complaining that it feels dirty? Those are the only explanations I can come up with. So about breaking 3 needles in a row... I REALLY don't know how that happened as I didn't sew over pins & was careful not to pull on the fabric. Today, however, I guess it was the revenge of the sewing machine needle.




Needle 1, pin 0. Tough. Haahaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment