Thursday, June 2, 2011

3 Amigos Together Forever

I am guessing this gang of 3 (as in the real life friends, Bobby, Shuen & Teck Siong) are avid animal lovers. The rough collie (centre) was described as Bobby's favourite pet, which made me think he's got a menagerie at home.




Teck Siong (50cm in height), Bobby (45cm in height) & Shuen (50cm in height). Even though Bobby is the shortest, he gets to be in the middle as he is the receiver of this wonderfully thoughtful gift. He is going away & Shuen thought he might miss his favourite pet & his best friends.

I used pompoms for Bobby's body. I did this simple because he is quite a furry dog & just plain socks wouldn't do him justice. He'd probably end up looking like a Jack Russell Terrier or something.


Back of Bobby. I will be adding more 'hair' on top of his head before delivery later today.

Updated:


Voila! Many a sore finger later, a full head of hair! I am pleased with the results, as I encountered a sleepless night wondering if I should do it up. Of course, I am happy with the results. Nothing like pride in your work! What I did was I sewed loops of yarn directly on his head & I knotted every loop together & snipped the loops into separate strands. Frankly speaking, I like the loopy hairs (see Lanquid Lyon) as the loops puff up the hair, adding volume, but then, the look will be different from the rest of his body then.

Back view of his lustrous lustrous hair!




Back to the original post:

No sewable space on his bum, so his leg will do!


Kitty named Shuen. This kitty was also described as her favourite pet. I hope I captured his innocent look well!


Innocent look!!!

Bum of Shuen, The innocent-looking kitty.




Teck Siong, the Louis Vuttion-Loving Fox Terrier.




Was requested to make a scarf with an 'L' embroidered on one end & a 'V' on the other for him. Genius that I am, I sewed both sides of the scarf (that's back & front, so ultimately, I embroidered 2 Ls & 2 Vs altogether), so that if the scarf happens to flip, you can always see an L & a V all the time.

Teck Siong's bum





Bobby - $99





Shuen - $99





Teck Siong - $99

No comments:

Post a Comment