Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Qween Wants a New Sewing Machine... But Which?!?!?

I don't need a fancy-shmancy one with 80 built in decorative stitches or something.... But I would like SOME, cos you never know when you might need it, right? I also want one that can sew tough fabric, like denim. I'm using the old school pedal (ok, fine... TREADLE) type that I have no complaints about really. I just thought I would like to have a new-fangled one. I have narrowed my search down to 2 models (for the price, really). They are basic ones, really. They are:


All the specs available by clicking on the model number above. What really confuses me, though, is that the signage at Courts says that it's got 23 stitches. At the Courts website, it says that there are 14. The Singer website says 7. I assume it's 7 built-in stitches & 30 stitch functions (buttonholing, etc) if you toggle around with it. The auntie at the counter demonstrated sewing on 3 - 4 layers of denim for me. I saw many mixed reviews though. Sigh. $199 at Courts, normal price (apparently) $499. Don't ask me. I don't work there.

Again, all specs by clicking on the link. This one has 25 types of stitches. Impressive enough for me. The thing semi-jammed when the makcik was demonstrating the embroidery stitch for me, after which she claimed that you need to use the smooth type of embroidery thread for the stitches to look nice. Ok, the fact that it jammed on thin material made it seem iffy. Many mixed reviews as well. $219 at Courts. Mother's Day promotion deal going on at the Jurong Point atrium for a steal at $155. I have till Sunday (18/04/10) to think about it.

*Pulls my hair out*

A little help here? Anyone? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment